Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Monkey Island Mayhem!

The sale today just reminds me of yet another game that I need to finish playing through. This game being The Secret of Monkey Island 1&2: Special Edition. It's a pretty fun and silly point and click adventure game. The original game came out in the 1990s, but the special edition here includes re-mastered music, full voice acting, and a new contemporary art style. But if you're one of those that loved the original game and want to stick to it, you still have the ability to switch between the two styles at your whim. And what I love most is the hint system they've added to help through puzzles; over-thinking in puzzle games gets me every time.

Basically, you play as Guybrush Threepwood...

And you have the stupidest beard, I've ever seen!
...and you're on a quest to become a pirate! Along the way you solve puzzles, battle other pirates (with wit), and save the beautiful governor, Elaine Marley, from the evil clutches of the ghost pirate LeChuck.

There's not much I can really say at this point, not because I haven't played the game, but because in my opinion it's one of those games you just need to play. The game play is similar to other point and click adventure games. You have walk commands and talk commands. You can pick up a variety of items and combine them to solve puzzles. Pretty much the same type of actions and interactions as other point and clicks, with a few little twists.

 So it's a pretty good deal, the game and it's sequel in two different styles in a bundle for only $7.49!

No comments:

Post a Comment