Sunday, July 3, 2011

Assassin's Creed and other goodies!

This is going to be another short post, but mostly because I've only personally played one game on the deals list today. This game being Assassin's Creed, which I don't even have installed on my computer.

Ok, that first comment might have sounded like a negative comment but wasn't meant to be. Ok I lied, it was. But I'm only speaking for the first one when I say this. As the title suggests, you play as the assassin, where you can climb on, or interact, with almost everything in the game. You can also kill pretty much everyone in the game as well. This alone makes the game pretty fun and really really interesting, Especially since there's a number of different ways that you can assassinate people and jump/climb around things.But the problem is that the missions and such in the game get extremely repetitive, spy on someone, assassinate another, get old very quick despite the neat gameplay. In the end, I found myself doing what I used to do in Grand Theft Auto, which was stop following the mission/story line and just go around pointlessly murdering people for the hell of it. Unlike Grand Theft Auto though, the graphics were pretty damn amazing.
Screenshot of the second game, taken from steam. I told you I didn't have the game!
Personally, I'd only recommend this first game as a rental. On the other hand, I've heard amazing reviews from friends and other sources about the other two games in the series: Assasin's Creed 2 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and would probably be purchasing these if I had the money to do so. And, if you buy the Assassin's Creed bundle, you basically get the first game free, so I'd definitely suggest that if you're interested in the good two ones.

Other games I've heard good things about but can't really speak first hand about that are worth checking out and on sale today are Torchlight and the Dragon Age franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment